Laurie A. Perez
Laurie Perez was first introduced to complex litigation as a summer intern at a New York law firm following her junior year at the University of Notre Dame in 2003. That experience solidified not only her love of the law, but her passion for employment and securities litigation, an area in which Laurie has quickly developed an impressive resume and level of expertise early in her legal career.
From classical violinist to women's boxer at Notre Dame, Laurie brings a raw determination, drive and work ethic to her client advocacy. Following her undergraduate graduation in 2004 with a B.A. in political science and psychology, Laurie worked as a securities paralegal at a firm in Miami, Florida, where she grew up. Working on numerous NASD (now FINRA) arbitrations and other securities litigation cases, Laurie gained an appreciation for the collaborative nature of complex litigation success. During her law school tenure at Northwestern University School of Law, Laurie held summer associate positions at two high-powered Chicago law firms and was honored as a First Year Diversity Student Fellowship Recipient.
Upon graduating from law school in 2008, Laurie worked as an associate at a large Chicago law firm, focusing her talents in two practice areas - commercial litigation, and investigations and white collar defense. She joined Schuyler, Roche & Crisham in 2011 as an associate, drawn to the firm's midsize structure, friendly and collegiate environment, and close, personable style of client counsel. Laurie's experience in all aspects of securities and employment litigation, coupled with her interpersonal legal skills and zealous client advocacy, are a great asset to Schuyler, Roche & Crisham's growing litigation practice.
- Assisted in the defense of a privately-held, employee-owned corporation against allegations of ERISA violations
- Assisted in debt collection actions seeking repayment of employee forgivable loans
- Researched and drafted pleadings, briefs and memoranda on legal issues arising out of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, premises and personal injury defense, deceptive trade practices, unfair competition and product liability litigation
- Argued various motions in state court, including motions to dismiss and compel production, while representing plaintiff in hit-and-run personal injury case
- Successfully handled pro-bono case to assist indigent client in U-Visa application